Wednesday, July 12, 2017

halfway there- day two.

 Halfway there-   

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/0c/f1/f7/4f/lava-butte-elevation.jpg
We finally left and left was fun because I got to hang out with the " breakfast club". Which is my travel van. Halfway there the ride got kind of boring because we lost reception and we had to listen to all the same music over and over again, but it was cool because then I really got to know the songs and the meaning. Just like I know the specific meanings and jobs that the Deschutes National Forest people do to help and take care of the people and the plant life and wildlife. Oh you did not know I went there today? Well I did and it was a good experience, I got to visit the lava lands and I was so amazed on how far the lava spread to but it was kind of weird to because it stopped when the highway was close so I don't really know if they cut it off or it was just naturally like that.. When I came here I didn't really know what kind of career I wanted to go in but then I heard of engineering from one of the jobs that helped with the forest. I have thought of becoming an engineer awhile back but never pursued and I also heard that engineers get good schooling and they get scholarships. But I need to look more into that. After that the head ranger Jim lead us to the top of the crater where the volcano was once there. My friend is paranoid of vehicles going upward or tilting. It was hilarious.There was this fire manager who was disabled but I was proud to see on that he carried his career and did not really let that stop him. We were supposed to go to the Lava caves after the volcano but they said it was supposed to get below 40 and most people did not bring a jacket, but luckily I was prepared. Instead we decided to go swimming but that didn't go as plan because we also wanted to take showers and some people didn't really seem motivated to go, but it was still fun. It was still fun because we did a GPS candy hunt where Pedro hid the candy in the morning and the 3 teams had to find the 4 bags of candy. My group was all white swan students and they listened to him talk on how to work the gps and everything but I felt like I did not need to listen because I already knew how to work it so I started to look around, but I did not know that he had covered the candy up. My group seemed irritated at me because I was just going off on my own when he was still giving directions.When we finally started and I had a pretty detailed idea on where the candy was. My team well they ran the other direction then where the candy was acually in the other direction but I ran the other way but then I was told by the leaders to get them back. Really I don't really think they would listen to me, but I did and a couple people started following me to where the candy was. Luckily they did because we found a candy bag. There was another group around it but they input the codes wrong so they were on the wrong side of the trail. Then the other half of my group came and they helped look for the other one. The same group tore up the ground they were still looking in the same place for the candy! Then I look at my gps and see that there were other coordinated for a different location down the trail so me and the other gps leader went down to see but we kept it lowkey, low profile. And we started to look there. But when we got there was a lot of dead trees that were on there side so it was hard to get there. Kept looking and then a fellow member in our group, Judy found the other bag. The other college team already found the 2 other candy bag so we tied for first. The bad thing about that is that I cut my leg, well scratched. It was kind of deep but not to much. We then headed to the showers and got cleaned but we only had 3 minute showers and trust me my hair is thick. I only had time to condition but it was fine. me and my group had to make dinner. We had rice meant veggies and salad. That day I feel like that was the first time that we all ate together like a family. We shared our favorite memories of that day and we also introduced our self a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment