Thursday, July 20, 2017

DAY 10

Today we went to the fisheries hatcheries. This was more of a learning day. Tim Peone help start the factoriey with others. In 1980 The Roosevelt damn still had fish that weighed 78 pounds. Once the damns were built the damns were blocking fish but not killing fish. But he said some were killed by winding up in the trubines and getting scared. Spokane Tribal Hatchery is a project to help bring back sal,mon and fish or help other in between the Spokane tribe, Colville confederate tribes, Bonneville Power Administration and Washington department of wildlife. This year the Spokane fishing hatcherys want to release at lwast 75 thousand fish. When we visited the hatchery as a group I liked how they had a mural on the inside that included 21 fish. I tried to find all of them but I oculd not. As a group we walked through the factory. Inside there were long tub like containers that contained 6,000 baby fishes! The guy who was leading us fed the fish and the started to jump, for some reason it really relaxed me. Oddly satisfying. I forgot what day it was but Warren showed us a house pit. it got me mad/sad when there was a "R" on the front door. He said "now this you'll know how racism is still very alive. other than the fishing hatchery we went connoting! I've been waiting to do that for a while. me Lisa and sardonic went on and we were the last to leave but that's fine. we wanted to attack the other canoes by splashing them but htat backfired on us very quickly. Sedona who was in the middle of the of me and Lisa tipped the boat over! ugh I wasn't planning on getting wet. that was really fine though.

No comments:

Post a Comment