Saturday, July 15, 2017

day 5

 We arrived way later then expected because we were slow, slow because the trailer was slow. So we had to stay at the pace of the trailer. But on that day we volunteered at the nursery. I thought it was going to be super boring but it is actually not. The first thing we did was cut plants so we could regrow them after we planted tiny plants. I did not know what kind of plant it is. After that me and two other campers got asked to help them see if twin can hold the cones. Because the box had a sort of slippery texture. We all decided it would work so then all three of us put over 700 cones into that box. We put 13 cones in each row. I thought I was doing well, I thought everyone was doing well. were and we all got a "pat on the back" for a job well done. After doing that 1 box we all then went to the place where you pour out all of the dirt from the cones. Don't believe me but after while its tiring. We did about 300 cones of emptying the dirt out. One of my motivations is to have a little competitions and to see if I was faster. I was, just kidding we all went the same speed. But when I did it dirt flew everywhere. That was possibly the highlight of my day! It was hilarious but all the workers left us doing it alone but we certainly got the job done. The only bad thing about that is that I got super dark. Like dark brown, not black because some people need to learn the difference. But whenever i put on sunscreen I get dark by 4-6 shades. But when i don't wear sunscreen i only get 1-2 shades darker. When I was on the phone with my little sister Taylor I really missed her. It sounded weird because she was talking like a big kid. When ever I'm around her at home she acts like a brat. i asked  my mom if my littler brothers troy and Odysseus missed me. she said  troy misses me because he slept in my room. troy is a sweetheart, but he watches television all day. i wish he got out more, or my parents would get rid of the Internet. DO NOT though because i will miss getting online and watch YouTube all day and isolate myself from the world. its fun. my other brother "o" as we call him doesn't show emotions of missing me so my mom and dad don't know.at points I'm glad i left because i like getting out of the house, away from everything and everyone. other than volunteering today we also made Glass art work. it was fun, but I'm not really good at glass art because its glass. i made mount Adams with a sunset in the back ground. at the time didn't really know what to do so i did something basic.but maybe one day if i keep practicing i will get good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment