Thursday, July 20, 2017

day 11

Today is the day that we leave. I do not want to leave though! I had so much fun visiting with warren and his three little interns. Kyle, Ethan and Xzavier. If you're reading this sorry but Ethan was my favorite. Kyle was the one who talked the most and really answered our questions, but very secretive or something. I don't really expect him to tell all of us but that's fine because we barely met. Xzavier was the "to himself" one. He talked a little but not as much as Kyle. But I learned that they all play basketball and the run a lot. They're in XC, cross-country and Warren was their coach. I woke up packed my things, put down my tent and waited for a couple of hours. Iam very glad that Warren and all of them came to visit. when the guys first got here I was thinking "why are they here? Are the lost?". Nope not lost. today was a travel day so nothing really happened. When we got to the camping ground we ate at a feast for a ceremony. someone was getting a canoe so I got to experience that. I also never tried moss before, I know that Yakamas used to eat it but their is not a lot of suppliers/ gatherers to get them. For some weird reason I wanted to cry, I didn't though. I cherished the moment. after eating I met this little boy named Zander. Zander and I first met when I  was shooting basketball and he came up to me. He told me that his Yaya was in the bathroom so I walked with him. His mom came out and said "Oh you weirdo" to her son. Zander and I continued to play Monsters! until he had to leave. He is so adorable and nice. I cant wait to see him tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment